Monday, May 17, 2010

Point of View

I heard a fellow teacher ask one of her children this question the other day; "Why on earth did you have your head in that garbage can"? The child responded with a shoulder shrug and an eye roll. The teacher then asked, " Can you tell me if there is ever a good reason to have your head in a garbage can"? The child looked at her for a moment then looked down into the garbage can. " I don't think there is ever a good reason for you to put your entire head into the garbage can bud, so please don't do it again." the teacher pleaded. "Alright" said the boy, "but I can think of a reason you'd put your head in there. . . if you wanted to see what was in it. . . all the way at the bottom, or if you were lookin' for sumfin". The teacher smiled and said, "well I guess that is a pretty good reason. What were you looking for"?
The child looked at her quizically, " I wasn't looking for anything, I just put my head in it".

No comments:

Post a Comment