Monday, August 23, 2010

Who's foolin' who?

While preparing snack one day I noticed out of the corner of my eye that a child was about to throw a puzzle piece. "Hey" I said, "Don't you throw that puzzle". The child stopped dead in his tracks and stared at me with wide eyes. He looked at the child next to him and said, "How did she know I was gonna throw that"? The other boy looked at him and said, "My mom told me that teachers and moms have eyes in the backs of their heads so she has eyes in the back of her head". The other boy nodded his head in agreement. Another boy had overheard their conversation and walked over to them and stated, " She does not have eyes in the back of her head. People do not have eyes in the back of their head. Look, if she had eyes back there her hair would be over it and she wouldn't see out those eyes." The two other boys just looked at him and then continued playing. The non-believer approached me and said, "Teacher, those kids think you got eyes in the back of your head. . . and you don't". I looked at him and smiled, " How do you know I don't have eyes back there"? He rolled his eyes and said matter of factly "You just don't". I nodded my head and asked, " Oh, well then how did I know he was going to throw that puzzle piece"? The boy looked at me square in the eye and said, "Because you have peripheral vision". I couldn't say anything! Whay!?!? How could this five year old know about peripheral vision??? All I could do is say "Yup buddy, I do". Too smart for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment