Monday, April 26, 2010

Name that tune!

I like to help the clean up process move along in my classroom by playing up beat and fun music. In the past the favored song was "Who let the dogs out" but due to teacher Jaime being down right sick of it, the songs have changed. The kids like to keep it up tempo but they also favor things that are mainstream. For example we often listen to things from the Hannah Montana soundtrack or from (gag) Justin Bieber. . . I try to get them to exeperience different music but once they get a fave it gets played over and over and over.. . .and over.
This months favorite is appropriately entitled "Replay". It's a popular hip-hop song that the children just adore. The lyrics go something like this:

"Shawty's like a melody in my head that I can't keep out, got me singin' like, na na na na everyday. It's like my ipod's stuck on replay. Replay."

This, however, is not what the children like to sing. Every child has their own personal version of these lyrics. . . here are some of my favorites;

"Chinese like a memaneez in my head"
"Shawny's like a Melody"
"Shiney's in the melodies"
"Mac and Cheese in my head"
"Johnnny is like a melody"
"Shinny is like a Melanie"
"Scotty is like a melody"

And when asked what song they'd like to hear for clean up the shouts are unanimous for "Melanie in my head" or "Macaroni in my head"

Sounds like a hit to me!

1 comment:

  1. My class--high school resource--did that with some Hannah Montana song. I could even finish the class for wiping away the tears. It was the party in the USA or rather Potty in the byu-sigh-a?????

    ReplyDelete